Tuesday, March 29, 2016

What's Penny Wearing? #135 It's Bright, It's Blue - And It's "Suitable" For Business....

Today, Penny is modeling a bright blue vintage suit I found at a thrift store.
It has very pretty detailing on the lapels:
I suppose this smart-looking suit may be a bit out-dated, style-wise, but a tailor could easily make some alterations and give this a fabulous, updated look.
Take out the shoulder pads, shorten the skirt and  the jacket, perhaps?
 Or leave it alone - it does have a classic look to it.
I just thought the color was SO lovely, I couldn't pass it up.
It doesn't look like it was ever even worn.
Nice tailored details:
I also found this colorful, brightly striped Izod Brand shirt (new, with tags) at a thrift store:
You could wear any number of different styles and colors of shirts and tops beneath this suit, but I thought this combo of the blue with the stripes looked cool, so I paired them together for Penny to model today.
See - brand new, with extra buttons, even:
Of course, it would look equally nice with a solid-color shirt or blouse with a lace collar, or even a simple ruffle at the neckline..
So anyway - that's our springtime look for today, as bright as a "Pretty Penny"!

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

What a lovely color! I think Penny has great taste, adding that blouse with a rainbow of shades, she will get noticed. Love, T