Monday, July 4, 2016

What's Penny Wearing? #139 She's Ready For A Fourth Of July Parade!

Penny is all ready for a holiday parade today in her red sleeveless dress I found at a thrift store:
I've had this patriotic cap with it's stripes and stars for years and years. I don't even remember where I got it!
Or why, for that matter?
Because it's actually too small for me.......
I found the cool vintage braided belt at a thrift store, too.
It's just like the kind they used to have on the Beacon blanket robes, so for all I know, it could have belonged with one at one time or another.
 I rather like it with the dress and cap.
But perhaps Penny would rather wear the hat below, the one Lady Edith was wearing in my post the other day:
The simple red belt seems to look better with that one:
Yes, I do think that full-brimmed hat would give better shade from the bright summer sun.
I took the red dress down and put it on my other dress form that I have at the shop, and my friend Ashley bought it!
So, I think the the only thing Penny is missing now is a flag!
(Except that she doesn't have any way to hold one....)
Wherever you are, I hope that perhaps you will get to enjoy a patriotic parade!
Happy Fourth Of July, everybody!

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

I will hold her flag for her! Looking great! Happy fourth of July! Love T