Saturday, August 13, 2016

Patterns From The Past: Tennis, Anyone?? A Few Options From Simplicity

They are playing tennis today at the 2016 Olympic Games.
How about you? Do you play?
(You'd better make sure you have your sunscreen with you.
I'm just sayin'......)
Sunny Redmond looks pretty "slick in tennis whites"; she's seen below wearing a tennis dress made from Simplicity pattern number 5696 (from 1973):
That photo is from a vintage "Simplicity Fashion News" pattern booklet.
Here are the variations shown on the pattern:

I think they're all cute!
And here is the pattern front, itself:
And the back:
Or perhaps you would prefer the pattern below, Simplicity 9989 from 1972?
 Here's an option for the younger "set" (pun completely intended), Simplicity number 6307 from 1974:
And the front of that pattern:
And I'm sure you could find a host of other options to choose from, if you went searching for a vintage tennis outfit pattern.
As for me, I think I'll just stick with watching them play in Rio, thank you very much.

No comments: