Wednesday, December 28, 2016

New Years Greetings from Tina and Jac


Good morning! Tina here. I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

I am going to share my present to myself which I just purchased from ebay. The seller purchased it at a garage sale, and lucky for me listed it just after Christmas as a buy-it-now. I could not resist.



This is a self portrait watercolor by Jac Turner, one of my very favorite local artists, who has been gone now for over twelve years. This was painted in April 1991, not long before I met him. Longtime readers of the blog might remember my post in August 2014 about Jac, and mentions of his art in March 2011 in my post on the Gutenberger house, and the May 2011 post about the M. E. Church in Coloma.

I want to wish all of you a very nice New Years, and I can't think of a better way than to show you than an antique (1909) postcard with my favorite flower, the nasturtium!

 May your wishbone always break in your favor, and may your New Year be bright!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Great find! Love that postcard too. And Happy New Year to you!

Heidi Ann said...

That is such a wonderful find, Tina! Perfect for YOU.
And that nasturtium postcard is absolutely beautiful!
Happy New Year to you, too!